Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Slips at Inland Marina Begin


Son Josh got me thinking about buying a slip at Inland Marina.


So, the more I thought about it the more I liked the idea. Viv and I rented a Dry Dock slip from Inland Marina more than 30 years ago and it was a blast. Back then, you called on the phone and when you got to the marina the boat was waiting in the water! A slip with a lift will be a little more work but less than trailering and launching every time you use the boat. Anyway we will have more options. 

So I asked if any Slips where For Sale and maybe two slips are For Sale. Started searching for the owner and after 2-3 weeks of trying to reach him...success (felt like a stalker, but a friendly one)!

The slips will enable us to have a presence at the marina. I hope that owning the slip will enable me to trade up from 36 foot  slip to a 40 foot slip. This is important because if we do want to buy a 45 foot boat we have to have it in a 40 foot slip. The marina only allows an additional length of 10% of slips length. 

I closed Monday 8-19-2013 on the purchase of both slips, a 36 foot with a 12.5k lbs Hydrohoist lift and a 32 foot with a 10k lbs Hydrohoist lift. Time will tell if it was a good decision.









No comments:

Post a Comment